Creating an API Token
The API token is a unique identifier of an application requesting access to copi.st service.
You should send your token using HTTP header "X_API_TOKEN"
copi.st API is a beta, so generation of API Tokens not realized yet. Please contact us directly and we generate you personal API Token manually.
Store this token as if it were a secret password.
API Rate limits
To maintain optimum performance and ensure that the copi.st is available to all our users, we limit requests:
- Maximum 100 requests per 60-minute period
- Maximum 5000 requests per 24-hour period
When a call exceeds a request limit, an error is returned.
Supported File Formats
Every request will accept JSON data and return a JSON response.
copi.st API attempts to return appropriate HTTP status codes for every request.
- 200 Success
- 406 Not Acceptable - returned when an invalid format is specified in the request
- 401 Unauthorized - returned when API Access Token is missing or incorrect
- 403 Forbidden - returned when access by API Access Token was switched off
- 429 Too Many Requests - returned when request rate limit having been exhausted
- 500 Server Error - returned when something was broken at server side. Please inform us immediately so we can investigate it.
- 502 Bad Gateway - service is down or being upgraded. Try again later.
- 503 Service Unavailable - our servers are up, but overloaded with requests. Try again later.
- 504 Gateway timeout - our servers are up, but the request couldn’t be serviced due to some failure within our stack. Try again later.
Send requests to http://copi.st/api/%method% URL. Available methods are listed below:
- POST http://copi.st/api/shorten Create new short URL
Create new short URL
More API operations, extra options, extended manuals, or code samples? Press "Hurry me" or leave a comment.